Certain injuries are considered catastrophic because of the enormous impact they have on the injured person and his or her family. Catastrophic injuries often cause permanent disability or shortened life span. They may render a person unable to work or unable to function normally in his or her daily life and frequently also require extensive and ongoing medical treatment. They may result in diminished communicative or cognitive abilities, mobility, sensation, or motor function. These injuries frequently involve severe disruption of one or more bodily systems including the central nervous system, respiratory system, circulatory system, or other vital systems or organs.
At Drake & Collopy, P.C., our Chicago personal injury attorneys have dedicated their careers to pursuing justice on behalf of those who have sustained catastrophic injuries as a result of the negligent or wrongful conduct of others. We understand the devastating impact a catastrophic injury can have on your life. As a client, you will have a team of experienced injury attorneys working diligently and aggressively on your behalf. Our ultimate goal is to secure the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries and your future. The first step is to get in touch with us for a free consultation.
Some examples of injuries that may be considered catastrophic:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Extensive burns
- Multiple severe fractures
Depending on the nature and extent of the injury, managing a catastrophic injury can be complex. Often, recovery and rehabilitation require the expertise of a team of medical professionals made up of physicians, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, and counselors. The amount of anticipated future medical care may be substantial.
How Our Team of Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
When you retain our law firm to handle your catastrophic injury case, you can count on us to do the following:
- Conduct a complete and thorough investigation of your accident to determine how your injury occurred and who should be held responsible for the injuries you suffered.
- Retain experts from various fields as necessary, including medical experts, engineers, accident reconstructionists, vocational experts, economics experts, and life care planners.
- Investigate all potential defendants, insurance policies, and avenues of recovery.
- Give you access to our network of physicians, specialists, and other medical providers who can provide medical treatment for your injuries.
- Evaluate your medical records and other relevant records to identify any issues relating to causation or the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Handle all communications and negotiations with the responsible insurance companies.
- Ensure that all documents are filed properly and on time with the appropriate entities.
- Prepare and present a persuasive case in court, at arbitration, or in mediation.
- Negotiate and resolve any health care liens and other liens related to your case.
We are Here to Fight for You Call for Your Free Consultation Today
If your life or the life of a family member has been devastated by a catastrophic injury, our Chicago personal injury lawyers are here to help. We have over five decades of collective experience fighting for the rights of those who have suffered catastrophic injuries. We will put our vast resources to work for you to hold the responsible parties liable and to seek the maximum compensation to help put your life back together as much as possible after a catastrophic injury.
Contact Drake & Collopy, P.C. for your free consultation today.