Put More Than 4 Decades Of Experience In Your Corner

Learn More About Our Firm

We've Recovered Tens of Millions
of Dollars
for Our Clients

View Our Case Results

We Provide 100% Satisfaction To Our Clients

Read About Our Legal Concierge Services

Contact Our Firm

Have questions? Fill out the information below to receive an immediate response.

Send Your Message


Recent Victories

See More Results

Were You Hit by an Uninsured Motorist?

You need a Chicago car accident lawyer you can trust!

When you come to Drake & Collopy, P.C., you can rest assured knowing we are prepared to assist with your injury claim, no matter how complex or confusing. With more than 40 years of collective legal experience under our belts, we are well-versed in handling car accident cases, including those involving uninsured and underinsured motorists. While it can be frustrating to deal with a negligent driver who has also failed to get the right coverage, you can have peace of mind knowing we are here to help. Need legal guidance on filing a claim or suit in your case? Now is the time to reach out to our Chicago car accident lawyers for counsel. We have helped our past clients recover tens of millions of dollars and would be honored to help you do the same.

Fill out a free case evaluation to find out what our legal team can do for you!

Business People

Our passionate commitment to our clients includes:

  • Free-of-charge Legal Concierge Services tailored to meet your specific needs.
  • Complimentary case review for a detailed explanation of all available legal options and a candid appraisal of the likelihood of success.
  • Contingent-fee based representation to alleviate your financial concerns, not add to them.

What happens when an at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance?

Thankfully, Illinois requires that you have both liability and uninsured motorist coverage within your policy, so you will likely be covered to some extent. However, how much you are actually covered will depend.

The state requires the following minimum limits:

  • $25,000 per individual injured
  • $50,000 total per collision

If you just had the minimum coverage, it could easily run out before your entire costs are covered. Furthermore, the required uninsured or underinsured motorist car insurance policies do not cover property damage. You will need extra coverage to ensure that you are compensated for those losses.

Filing a Claim for Compensation

In order to be paid back for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, you have to make a claim with your insurance provider. It is advised that you do this with the help of our advocates to ensure it is handled correctly. Our firm will work diligently to make sure that your claim has all the accurate information needed to secure fair compensation for your injuries. In addition, our Chicago car accident attorneys can also bring claims against grossly negligent or reckless drivers when applicable. For example, if your injuries were caused by a drunk or texting driver, we can pursue a claim for further compensation to cover your extra expenses.

Don’t get overwhelmed with your uninsured motorist claim! Contact Drake & Collopy, P.C. for trusted legal counsel that you can rely on during this time.